Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Summer vs. Fall

It rained for two days straight last weekend. It really put a damper on my flea-marketing and festival going that I had planned. Poop. It seemed miraculous when all of a sudden the sun came out at 4 pm on Saturday and graced us with it's Summer-like presence. It was then that I was moved to take advantage of what little Summer we have left by walking through the open flower fields and picking a few pretties to take home....

All over Germany, particularly where we live, there are flower fields. These fields are completely open and at your own discretion you can park you car and pick a few stems to take home. There's always a sign saying how much each stem will cost you and a little bucket you slip your Euro into once your bouquet is complete! I've wanted to stop all summer long especially since I pass one a mile from my home on almost a daily basis. It was this Saturday that I knew it was going to be now or never because with Fall quickly approaching, who knows how long these flowers would last.

So we pulled in, hopped out and picked ten perfect flowers. The best 3 Euro I've spent all Summer.


Our Neighborhood

To clarify, that spray painted sign says "God is the Love"




Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all. ~Stanley Horowitz



Bring it on, Fall....


tschüs!

1 comment:

ALF said...

Beautiful flowers! And how fun that you get to pick them yourself.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...