Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

Diary of a Visit: Northern Italy

A year of planning and anticipation has come to a close. Kind of like planning a wedding and watching it fly by all too quickly my parent's visit has come and gone.
I have to admit it was odd not walking down the stairs to see my dad flipping his omelet and my mom squeezing Meatloaf in her arms. No more bakery runs or dog walks (well, there will be more of those but I will be by myself for awhile).
We had a lovely time and I hope they did too.
I took a gazillion pictures so it's going to have to be a 5 parter otherwise I'd be here all day and unfortunately it's back to the old grind....
I'll just have to reminisce through photos...
let's begin with our drive to Italy...

oh yes, of course we must stop for cake at the Europabridge.
As it got dark, we decided to stop in Castelrotto (Northern Italy) for one night...
too bad Rick Steves lies and the hotel we wanted was closed.
We were referred to the only open hotel which was just as lovely...
explored the town...

and then drove to Vicenza to meet the Telli's...




we also visited Padua (or Padova), Italy
we ate gelato (of course)...

walked...
ate delicious food...
chased birds...




and took pictures.

Check back tomorrow for more!!

1 comment:

ALF said...

Great pictures, as always. Looks like it was a great trip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...