Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

Summer in Korea. Over. Thank you, Lord.

It's raining.
It's not the insane monsoon kind of rain though.
It's quietly sprinkling outside with that funny rain smell being carried throughout our house on a nice, cool breeze.
It's over. 
We have officially survived our first Korean summer.
I couldn't be MORE thankful for this change in weather.
I love fall. I have mentioned this here. Here. Here. And here.
But this fall seems especially promising. A new place. A new home... ripe with possibilities.
I love that time after a PCS (army move) when you've had time to reflect and you can finally breathe a sigh of relief because things are starting to feel more normal.
No one craves more normalcy than those who watched their entire life's possession thrown into boxes, followed by being ripped from your home, transplanted onto another continent, forced to find a house within 10 days of getting off an airplane all while dragging your young children through the military's in-processing brouhaha.
::Sigh::
I'm glad that's over.
And we should be here in Korea just long enough to forget how hellacious it was before doing it all over again.
This crazy mixed up life we lead.
----
One good thing about summer that we enjoy every year is Rhett's birthday. I can hardly believe I have a three year old. I still like talking about the delicious food we had for his second birthday. Anyways, because I had no official excuse to not do anything like last year we had a little birthday bash with friends. It was a lot of work but it was worth it because Rhett had a good time. Well... I'm about 90% sure he had a good time in between his time-outs and a pretty long nap smack dab in the middle of his party.
 
----- And Ava turned 8 months old! 

---- The end of summer also meant the beginning of school days in the White household. I'm still trying to wrap my head around this event.
---- And lastly, with all this routine in my life I have no excuse to have a messy house. A housekeeper helps too. Here's what our little Korean apartment looks like with all our belongings (on laundry day) for those of you who were asking. ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...