Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Lake Garda, Italy

Our last day in Italy was spent at Lake Garda. I chose the actual town of Garda because it was closest to our hotel and seemed like a good idea. My colleague spent the holiday in the more southern part of the lake and she said it was wonderful. I think Lake Garda is an area where you can't really go wrong... it's that lovely. 
I must admit that I was really proud of us this day because we drove the 40 or so minutes to the lake where we found parking, walked around, ate lunch and then headed back to the car to change when we decided it was warm enough for a dip in the water all without naps and/or meltdowns. 
I still don't know how this happened but it really made things easy. 
I mean, how can one not be happy when pizza and gelato are involved?
----------
Lake Garda
This part of the town reminded me a lot of Meersburg, Germany... next time I'm looking for this type of environment I'll head there... the drive time will be drastically reduced.
Rhett ate about 6 slices of pizza for lunch. I couldn't believe it but I was quite happy about it because he would only eat some banana and a yogurt at the hotel for breakfast which isn't enough for this busy monster. 
This pregnancy has me craving anything with coconut. I ate a coconut yogurt at our hotel each morning and then refused to stop at any gelaterias that didn't have coconut gelato. These flavors are Bounty (which is a candy bar here in Europe much like Mounds in the states) and stracciatella. Yum. 
I don't even want to think about my cholesterol right now...
After our afternoon of swimming, we drove back to Verona and hit up a small pizza place 'to go,' brought it back to our room and had a lovely little picnic dinner.
Topped off by gelato of course! 
(banana-which we didn't like- chocolate, mint, panna cotta, mango, and stracciatella again).
-----
-----

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...