Pages

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Wine Fest, Tubingen and Fall Fest... it's AUTUMN in Germany.

----
Stuttgart's Wine Fest is always a good time. I can say without a doubt that any fest in Germany is a lot more fun when you can drink the delicious bounty but you make the best out of it and have more room to sample various menu items.

Rhett was a bit of a wild man this day and it took both of us and a variety of food items to get him to sit down and relax. That is what we get for heading downtown before a nice, long nap.

I ordered the maultaschen with a cheese sauce mainly because it was something new and different.  Rhett really enjoyed it but the cheese sauce was a little cold and the texture kind of turned me off. Chad ordered a steak sandwich and the three of us shared a flammkucken so it all worked out.

I also ordered a soft serve ice cream cone which Rhett ate and a strawberry slush which "magically disappeared" while I was browsing the racks in H&M. Chad learned a valuable lesson that hot day about polishing off a pregnant woman's slush. Oh yes he did.
----
----
The following weekend was over-crowded with festivals. I hate when there are too many festivals and not enough time. Sheesh. Anyways, Jill and I headed to overcast Tubingen for the Umbria/Provence Market. We narrowly avoided the rain (our rain cover = still missing) and ended up having a nice lunch of kurbis (pumpkin) suppe and toast.
----
----
 The next day, I met Jill & Jake at Vaihingen's Herbst Fest since Chad was out of town. There will forever be a soft spot in my heart for this little festival because we brought Rhett here with my parents for a little afternoon outing when he was just a couple weeks old. That day, he was so small and orange with jaundice and this time around poor guy had a horrible outfit (laundry day)... kid can't catch a break at the Fall Festival.
----
----
Also, because I don't feel like I've included enough photos in this post... I'll include a few of Rhett and his new t-ball set (courtesy of Uncle Matthew and Derica). 
Something about a toddler in sweaties playing t-ball that makes me laugh. 
I can't help myself.
----
----
How beautifully leaves grow old.  How full of light and color are their last days.  
-John Burroughs

1 comment:

Nikki P said...

These pics are really nice. The cuisine looks fantastic. Food makes up 50% of the best part of foreign travel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...