Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Home... Korean style...

Maybe it was because this wasn't my first rodeo. Maybe Koreans just move faster than Germans. Maybe we realized the limitations of our sanity while the four of us co-habitated in a compact hotel room with a crappy continental breakfast. I don't know for sure but what I DO know is that it doesn't matter... because we got our house! 
Moving day folks... the single most exciting yet stressful day for any military spouse! Thankfulness oozed from my pores as box by box, my little home came together. 
I haven't seen my stuff in nearly 6 entire months. It's still the busted up Ikea furniture we bought in Germany but it's here in Korea... in our little apartment... and it's mine, mine, mine!

Even as I walked around taking note of little chips, dents and dings... I felt grateful that I didn't lose everything to a tornado or a hurricane and that's always something to be thankful for. 
Unfortunately, once the movers left and I was surrounded by boxes and bubble wrap... I kind of got overwhelmed so I figured I'd start fresh tomorrow. 
I'm still grateful though....



just with a side of panic.
----
Living room...
Rhett's room...
Guest room ( I adore their little sun porches)...
Kitchen, dining room and attached sunroom for laundry and misc...
Kitchen...
Living room with view of balcony and adorable baby...
Rhett on the balcony... 
I have a lot to learn. Once I got in the house, I couldn't get back out. Too high tech for me.
Master bedroom...
Ava's room...
This is a dressing room and vanity area off the master bedroom... and a sun porch.
This plump blue-eyed beauty is VERY excited about the goings on....
Rhett waiting patiently for his "trucks, cars, toys and trains."

No pictures of the 'after delivery.' I hope to erase those from my memories. If you're curious... go back to  this Germany post and use your imagination.

Oh and Mom, no need to bring your coat when you visit... we have yours here.
----

4 comments:

ALF said...

So glad you're getting settled. I can't wait to hear more stories and see more pictures!

Anonymous said...

Great apartment! I'm sure it will look so nice once you get settled :)

Lisa

Unknown said...

Hi there! I had a question for you about possibly collaborating on something and was hoping you could email me back to discuss? Thanks so much!

- Emma

emmabanks9 (at) gmail (dot) com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting house pictures! I've been so curious to see what off-base housing would look like. Happy unpacking! Your kitchen is huge and your whole house looks fantastic! I want to visit....or move there....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...