Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Incheon to Bali (with two kids, four suitcases, three carry-ons and a three hour delay)

In anticipation of my thirtieth birthday, Chad asked me what I wanted or wanted to do.
I told him to take me away.
As usual he didn't disappoint. 
I chose Bali for no specific reason other than it sounded like a really nice place to visit.
Hey, I read Eat, Pray, Love.
So on a cold February morning we hopped into the car and were one step closer to paradise.
----
Our first few days in country we decided to take it easy and actually have a vacation. No sightseeing or running around... just sleeping, eating and swimming.
It was glorious.
I couldn't remember the last time we went somewhere and had NO plans other than doing whatever suited us in that moment. Pure bliss.
The Balinese are wonderfully kind and may even love children more than Koreans.
They were super welcoming and helpful and their food? I have no words.
This trip was the absolute best way to prepare for turning thirty.
(The deep friend bananas and beer helped me cope as well.)
----

"I'm not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world."
-Mary Anne Radmache

Delayed in Incheon with kids- Don't panic! They have play areas, changing rooms and nursing cubbies conveniently scattered throughout the terminals (after security). Rhett's favorite even had a ball pit.
In Bali, we stayed here and opted for the all-inclusive package. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...