Pages

Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Mother Temple and Monkey Forest aka How I spent Valentine's Day 2014

I lucked out in the Valentine's Day lotto when we visited a local silversmith and their shop in Bali. I don't usually go crazy for Valentine's day but I guess Chad felt obligated to buy me something since we were at a jewelry shop and it was a holiday for lovers. 
After visiting the jewelry store, our tour guide showed us the Court of Justice, the Mother Temple, Bali's largest volcano, Batur, and the Monkey Forest in Ubud. 
Baby legs can never be overexposed but Chad's were considered so.
We visited the Mother Temple during a holy time (think Chinese or Lunar New Year) so the temple was active with prayer and hundreds of people bringing offerings. It was really special to see.
Monkey Forest was one of my least favorite parts of the trip. These are wild monkeys here, folks. Now they are use to seeing a gazillion people each day but don't think they won't chase after you (or your children). They aren't above public intercourse either. Learned that the fun way. 
Minutes after taking the photo below, this little monkey baby chased Rhett and I had to shoo him away with my umbrella. True story.

Every hundred feet the world changes.
-Roberto Bolano

1 comment:

Rachel Haack said...

Enjoying all of these amazing photos, so beautiful. And of course, that lovely family of yours!
I just finished a world religions course and would LOVE to witness those temples in person someday. lucky girl!

Rae

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...