Pages

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Four Day= Long Weekend

V-Day
With more and more friends and acquaintances facing deployments… and with Valentine’s day right around the corner, I thought I’d take a minute to think about and appreciate my husband. Even though I have to share him with the United States Army, I don’t mind. It can be challenge when there is no 9 to 5, and his responsibilities are all day, everyday. It’s not always easy when their duties come before their families and themselves, but it’s the job he loves, and therefore, it’s my job to deal with it.

I’m lucky enough to have a great view of the parking lot, which may not mean much to some people reading this, however, nothing beats the feeling when I see Chad drive up, looking proud and strong in his uniform. The only thing better than seeing my husband, is seeing the many other husbands and fathers pull up… hug their children… and take their dogs for walks. When you’re married to the military, those little things are not taken for granted.

When Chad steps inside and starts explaining his day, I always try to listen, because now we talk about traffic accidents instead of road side bombs. When he leaves his dirty clothes on the floor in the bathroom, I pick them up without complaining because I feel fortunate to pick up dirty PTs and ACUs. I appreciate that when I call him at work he answers… it makes up for the two years when I never had a way to reach him, and I was the one always answering.



My husband may throw his dirty laundry around, return movie rentals three days late, and leave every light on in the house but I’ve learned to accept those things about him. I also know that when he gets a phone call at 3 in the morning, he will have to go in to work, and that extra paperwork will have to be done over the weekend, but it’s a small price to pay to have a hero… to call my own.


Happy Valentine’s Day Everyone!
(A bit early, but I want to spend this long weekend with my love… which coincidently… is not my computer.)

2 comments:

Lori said...

It is so nice to hear how you appreciate your husband/hero, and our country's hero. I sometimes take my husband for granted but I will take this lesson from my niece and learn from her. Not that I don't love and appreciate my man but I guess you military, police and fireman wives have a different appreciation for your men.

Amy said...

Thanks Auntie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...