Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

What's for dinner?

An interesting conversation took place between Chad and I the other day and I was left wondering if anyone else has ever shared in such an exchange. The brief conversation went something like this...

Chad [calling on his way home from work]: What's for dinner?
Amy: I don't know, I'm going to whip something up right now.
Chad: Are you sure you don't want me to just pick something up?
Amy: Yes, I'm sure...
Chad: I just don't know if you've had a hard day and if you're not up to cooking dinner. Are you sure you don't want anything?
Amy: Why don't we just save a lot of back and forth and you tell me what I'm supposed to want in order for you to get what you want for dinner?
Chad: Oh nothing.
Amy: You want to bring home meat on a spit don't you?
Chad: The chicken wagon is right here... I could get one if you want.
Amy: I'm not in the mood for rotating meat right now (experiencing doner kabob flashbacks)
Chad: okay, love you, be home soon.
Amy: love you too, bye.

Has this happened to anyone else? Or am I the only one plagued with a husband who craves meat on a stick pretty much on a weekly basis. It also didn't help that we went to dinner with friends and they said the chicken wagons (Think taco truck with rotating chicken and ribs) are excellent and we should try them. Okay Chad... ask me next week.

P.S. Went to a wonderful Greek restaurant with friends, are fostering a blue merle collie, had a crisis at the dog park (meatloaf got jabbed in the back of the mouth with a stick), tried to stay awake for the 12:30 am Superbowl kickoff... only made it to the national anthem, and have included pictures of Meatloaf and his girlfriend, Dynamite Daisy.





My Meatloaf... missing his love. Meatloaf and Daisy sharing a toy.












Ciao!

1 comment:

ALF said...

If my husband knew that meat on a stick was an option, he would want it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...