Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Lazy Americans...

The other day Chad and I were driving to the PX to pick up a few things. As we drove through the city of Stuttgart, we drove over a very steep hill. Now this steep hill was also covered in snow. The snow was covered in icky debris, including sticks and leaves and such. Now to me, this hill did not foster positive thoughts and I believe I caught myself thinking, "yucky-dirt-snow-covered-hills-are-gross" or something along those lines. Anyway, as we reached the top of this icky-steep-snow-covered-hill, I saw a lady. Now this lady wasn't just any lady... she was like an 85 year old lady. And this 85 year old lady had a WALKER but was still slowly walking up the icky hill. This 85 year old lady didn't just have a walker... and she wasn't just walking slowly up this icky-leaf-and-snow-covered-hill... she was actually walking a DOG. Yes, at the top of a very-steep-snow-covered-dirty-hill was an 85 year old lady with a walker, walking a dog! (It needed to be repeated for emphasis!) Not just any dog, but a big dog... like a Lab or Sheppard or something was being walked slowly by an 85 year old lady with a walker who had reached the peak of a dirty-leaf-covered-snowy-steep-hill in Stuttgart, Germany.

Just thinking about this [true] story makes me
tired. I'm going to go watch German television now and hope that I get motivated to walk more...regardless of the incline, or weather, or dirtiness of it all. If this 85 year old dog walker with a walker can walk up a squishy-leafy-yucky-snow-covered-hill... so can I.(And you too!)




A quick side note which includes a few reasons why I love my husband...


  1. He lets Meatloaf sleep between us when it's cold (even though Meatloaf has a habit of farting under the sheets).

  2. He calls twice a day... once to say hello (he leaves before I'm up) and again to say he's on his way home (this call often includes dinner conversation... please see last blog for clarification).

  3. He gets a ride to work so that my friend and I can have the truck to go to IKEA and get out of the house.

  4. He tells me I'm beautiful every night before bed (after make-up is removed and exhaustion has set in).

  5. Sometimes I ask him for JUST a massage and sometimes he listens.

<3

1 comment:

ALF said...

You're too funny! You can use that old lady as motivation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...