Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

Vacation:: Day 1


Greetings! I am back from my brief (but just long enough) stay in the Bavarian Alps and am happy to be blogging again. It really wasn't worth it to pay for Internet while I was down there because I had plans to do something EVERYDAY. You'll see... here.... soon. I have to take it a day at a time though because I still need to upload some new pictures and do some editing. Anyways, now to the fun stuff... we arrived in Garmisch Monday night. Tuesday morning I had booked a tour to visit Swarovski World and Innsbruck Austria. Chad had to work (poor guy) but it didn't slow me down.


Edelweiss Lodge and Resort
(If you're young, single and looking to travel, they have employment opportunities with an interview session beginning this month in the U.S. The pay isn't great but you get to live in the alps, travel, and take advantage of winter/summer sports. You may know someone who would be perfect for the job! I think it would be an ideal situation for certain personalities. You can learn about employment information on their website... http://www.edelweisslodgeandresort.com/employment.html. )
Swarovski Crystal World in Wattens, Austria.

This giant is "protecting" the crystals.
The largest cut crystal to date (think 300,000 carats). Once owned by Liberace.
I'm not too sure what to say about this one. It was reflected in the crystals.... I think?
The Crystal Factory (top secret).
Innsbruck, Austria (Maximilian's "Gold Roof")
Lunch... Goulash!
Still in Innsbruck...

Ski Jump (Innsbruck Winter Olympics 1976)

Inside the Basilica
And... outside the Basilica...
Check back tomorrow for Italy!
Ciao.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...