Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Flohmarkts and Festivals

It's hot. Really, really hot. And I know I've been complaining about the heat for awhile now but when they're wearing swim suits in Russia... there's something wrong with the world.
We did our hospital tour last week... let me tell you how glad I am that my due date isn't this month. The women in the maternity ward didn't seem to mind that they had just given birth... they seemed more miserable from the heat. If you thought german hospitals have air conditioning... you're mistaken.
Great.
Anyways, the hospital tour was quite informative, as one would expect, and I think we both feel better prepared knowing where all this will be going down. Sort of.

Besides the hospital tour, this week was full of flea markets (flohmarkt) and festivals. Our little town of Echterdingen was having a burgerfest (citizen festival) in addition to a large flea market on a Sunday, which is pretty rare around here. Also, the famous Hamburg Fish Market (Fisch Markt) was going on in downtown Stuttgart.

Unfortunately (and fortunately), it rained on Saturday which slowed down the Echterdingen fest but still allowed us lunch at one of our favorite restaurants followed by a fresh crepe from the festival. I welcomed the rain since it brought with it some cooler temperatures.

Today, we checked out the flea market with some friends... ate kettle corn and cola slush while perusing the many isles of fun finds. I saw a lot of stuff I wanted... but I controlled myself for the most part. I really couldn't turn down the sweet, old Deutsch lady knitting baby booties though... and picked up these for a bargain.

After the flea market we headed to downtown Stuttgart for the fish festival.

Then Chad took us on some scenic route through Esslingen on the way home and that was that.
Anyways, flea markets and festivals are one of the reasons I love Germany in the summertime (except the heat and no a.c. bit).
33 Weeks.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...