Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

where the HECK is my stuff???

It most definitely is not here in Stuttgart.

I hope it hasn't been taken hostage by pirates.

Or isn't busy fostering marine growth in the bottom of the ocean.

-----------------------------------

In case you haven't noticed...

I really, really want [read between the lines: need] my shipment.

All our adorable baby stuff. Everything that says BABY to new parents is on a boat somewhere between Germany and California.... and I'm getting anxious.

Nesting is in full effect in these parts and let me tell you... it's one pathetic nest we have on our hands.

The sad thing is, I can't even be upset. The gentleman at Travis Air Force Base told me August 9th at the latest. According to my calculations they still have 2 weeks (exactly) to get it to me.

But the waiting patiently gig is UP. Now my weekends are spent moping around the house imagining what it will look like when not only my shipment arrives... but everything is put together.

::sigh::

Anyways, the good news is that all bottles, sheets, blankets, and pacifiers are cleaned and sanitized. That will allow me to use my hands to cheer on my husband while he assembles gobs of baby goodies.

It also means that in the evenings after dinner is done and the dishes are clean I have absolutely nothing better to do than put up the things I use to refer to as feet and wonder where the HELL is my shipment.

If it comes on August 9th that will give us anywhere from a day to 3 weeks (God willing) to get this place in order.

I hope that ship is in overdrive.

And in case you're wondering what nesting means when you have nothing to nest...
it means you have one nice and organized fridge.
and homemade banana cake.
And tiny pieces of evidence that a baby will soon join us (shipment or not).
And the handsomest dog in the World (absolutely nothing to do with this post).

(bye!!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...