Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

Cabin Fever:

(also known as House Syndrome) is an idiomatic term for a claustrophobic reaction that takes place when a person or group is isolated and/or shut in, in a small space, with nothing to do, for an extended period (as in a simple country vacation cottage during a long rain or snow). Symptoms include restlessness, irritability, irrational frustration with everyday objects, forgetfulness, laughter, excessive sleeping, distrust of anyone they are with, and an urge to go outside even in the rain, snow or dark (wikipedia)

The sun was out, children were riding their bikes, and neighbors were tending to their gardens... all of which I watched from my third story window waiting for baby Rhett to wake up at.any.moment. and ask for lunch.

I decided at that point not to let the lovely weather so rare in Stuttgart (or so it seems) go to waste and take a little walk around Stetten.

And it felt so good to stretch my legs.

We experimented with our Ergo baby carrier...
and it worked out great for the cool evening.
However, today was a tad bit warmer and I wanted to take some pictures so we opted for our Quinny. Equally great.
I could have sworn the day I went into labor felt like Summer...
but by the looks of it around Stetten, Autumn is well on it's way.
I also received a request from my brother to have pictures of Rhett awake. I'm pretty sure Matthew has never taken pictures of a newborn baby because he would then realize how difficult of a request that is to fulfill.
We tried our best though...

3 comments:

ALF said...

Good for you for getting outside. It helps. And as always, great pictures!

Unknown said...

I'm grateful for the new open eyed pictures. You're next task is to catch Rhett smiling. Give the kid a tickle whydoncha? He's super serious. I wonder what he's thinking about? Hmmmm.

Rachel Haack said...

I get cabin fever like CRAZY after having my babies, and it doesn't help that I have them in Nov/Dec/Jan...so glad you got out.

He is just precious, such a good looking newborn. Hope you're doing well!

Rae

Ps. I never mentioned how much I LOVE your nursery. Such a cute design, you really nailed it for not knowing the sex of the baby...it is perfectly gender neutral and can go both ways. Well done!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...