Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Week 1

Technically it's week 2 because we spent most of week 1 in the hospital... but who's counting?

We may be tired and have piles of clean laundry taking over our bedroom but the most important thing to point out here is that we survived. Yay for us.

Our baby boy is also gaining weight as we found out on Monday... he now weighs 3 kg (6.6 lbs.).

I told Chad this morning after being up ALL night with this little boy that he better be gaining and I better be losing weight with all the feeding going on.

Then Chad went downstairs and slept on the couch.

Our German neighbor- the one behind us- left a vase of flowers on our porch and keeps bringing us baskets of a fruit which we've never seen before. They go bad in about 1 day and attract a lot of gnats so we throw them away. Of course we'll never tell her this.

Our other neighbor-Helga- brought over a stuffed dog for Rhett. We love her.

Chad's Major and his wife brought us dinner last weekend. We ate it like we hadn't ate in days. The turkey sandwiches just weren't cutting it anymore.

We've received so much from our Army family that these people deserve a blog post to themselves. However, every time I think about the generosity of everyone I want to cry so it will have to wait.

My parents get here next week. I know I'll be itching for some help considering everyday next week we have an appointment for either the dogs or the baby and Chad will return to work.

Until then...


I added this picture even though it's horrible quality and angle only because I think Rhett's socks are awesome.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Can you give my nephew a poke so we can get a picture of him awake. This sleeps more than Grandpa!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...