Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Rhett takes London- Day 2

I have laundry up to my ears and my house is a disaster but I'm taking a break while Rhett is entertained by a toy with lights and really annoying music to blog about our second day in London. And since I like to multitask I'm also watching 'Meet Me in St. Louis' because it's not Netflix's fault our mail room moves incredibly slow. Moving on...
Day 2 in London was equally lovely... no sun but no rain so we were happy.
Took the below shot with my new lens.
After a quick breakfast, the first thing on our agenda was to visit Westminster Abbey. Chad couldn't wait to see Sir Isaac Newton's grave and I was just excited about the whole experience. The four of us were amazed that both babies slept the entire tour. It was great! I also had time to light a candle and write a prayer card.
After Westminster Abbey we walked over to Winston Churchill's war rooms... the babies were less cooperative but we were able to see a lot of it and it was very interesting. I did learn how much a baby's cry echos in an underground bunker. I'm pretty sure most people hated us for a good 5 minutes.
We walked through Whitehall, past the horse guards and towards the National Gallery looking for something to eat. We found a pub with PIES and they were quite tasty.
Chad had 'bangers and mash' but it is my belief he only ordered these because he wanted an excuse to say 'bangers and mash' over and over- which he took advantage of. Trust me.
Our next stop was the National Gallery which I really enjoyed. I love the impressionists. We also saw Van Gogh's 'Sunflowers,' Leonardo da Vinci's 'The Leonardo Cartoon' and Renoir's 'At the Theater.'
By the time we emerged from the National Gallery it was dark but early so we walked to Piccadilly Circus- which didn't excite us that much- and we decided to head back to our hotel.
Our evening ended with room service in the Brewster's room and an early bedtime.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...