Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Bad Vilbel (a month and a day later)

I don't know if it's me or jet lag but I just haven't been myself lately.
Is it possible to be jet lagged for almost two weeks?
I'm not sure but I think I'll continue blaming our trip to California for my mood.
Anyways, prior to coming to California, my mom and myself drove up to visit her friend in Bad Vilbel. Oh. You didn't know my mom has friends all over the world? Shame on you. She does.
Stefanie being one of them.
Stefanie from Bad Vilbel, Germany to be exact.
My mom and her have corresponded since last Septemberish after meeting at the Passion Play.
Stefanie is a lovely woman.
She welcomed us into her beautiful home, showed us around her quaint little town, baked us a delicious cake AND took us to downtown Frankfurt to visit a few sights.
I hate to admit that I forgot my camera in the car when we went to Frankfurt but at least I was able to snap a few photos of the town of Bad Vilbel.
---------
Bad Vilbel is a lovely little town. It sits on quite a few mineral springs so apparently they have multiple spas in the area. We, unfortunately, didn't get to take advantage of those but that's okay.
They use this old castle as a theater in the summertime.

Behind the 'theater' there was a pretty massive park with a lot of interesting sculptures.
This statue below was built to remember what life was like in early Bad Vilbel.
The Rathaus or 'town hall.'
And of course Rhett was the most cooperative and easy to please man on this trip.
And the only man but who's counting.
That's all for now.


Oh and...
Today and everyday we are able to do what we do
thanks to the men and women who did and continue to do what they have to do.
Thanks for your service.
Happy Memorial Day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...