Pages

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Friday

Last night I had a fun size 100 grand bar for dinner. I'm not even a big fan of 100 grand bars but I didn't remember this until after I ate the little sucker.
Chad went out last night with "the guys" to celebrate a friend's birthday and before I knew it 1030 had rolled around and I hadn't eaten dinner and had barely just sat down when I realized I was too tired to even sit. I needed to be horizontal... pronto.
It's just been one of those weeks.
Today we will celebrate Halloween early with a themed dinner party with friends.
That blog will come later.... but for now I'd like to reminisce about a simpler time... just last week....
in Tuscany
(where trust me when I say no meals were skipped).
-----
We rented a car to drive from Rome to Florence, where we were staying in an agriturismo just 7 km from the city.
We chose an agriturismo because we needed 1) parking 2) space for the baby 3) because I enjoy them more than hotels.
We drove through the hills to reach Villa Nobili and were greeted by the kind, Alexandra.
The Villa was just lovely- surrounded by olive and citrus trees.
And they had an awesome dog... Flash.
The location was great because we could drive into the city in about 10 minutes, park our car (Sunday street parking is free) and walk into the central part of Florence.
We arrived at the agriturismo on Saturday but we didn't go to the city until Sunday.
I chose Sunday because similarly to Germany.... some museums close on Monday.
----
We were on a one day mission in Florence so we booked tickets to visit both the Uffizi and the Accademia Gallery. We couldn't visit Florence without seeing the David (amazing!) or The Birth of Venus (stunning!).
We also saw the Duomo, the Ponte Vecchio, and had some of the best gelato I've ever tasted at Perche No!
After spending an entire day in Florence, we wrapped up our evening with a late dinner at Zio Gigi's and it was very enjoyable as Rhett slept the entire time so Chad and I could really relax and enjoy ourselves.
----
Agriturismos are wonderful. Find them here.
----
I travel a lot; I hate having my life disrupted by routine.
-Caskie Stinnett

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...