Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

I'll meet you in Hong Kong

So something like two years ago we found out we'd be heading to South Korea once our time in Germany came to an end. I believe that my exact word to Chad was something along the lines of "no." Like with that one little word I could will away these orders and go some place conventional. Say... Texas, Colorado, or Washington. Alas, those duty stations just were not in our cards and after days (okay, maybe a month) of consideration I came to terms with this news. The major consolation in this whole scenario was that living in Korea would allow us to travel in Asia and that really got me pretty excited. I emailed my good friend, Angela, (her visit to Germany was awesome, read about it here) that if she had any plans to visit her grandma in Hong Kong, we'd love to meet her there. And so our first tentative Asian vacation was planned.

We made it a reality last month and I'm so glad we did.
----
Our first day together, we took the subway over to Lantau Island to see the Big Buddha and Po Lin Monastery. We opted for the glass bottom cable car and it did an excellent job of entertaining the babes.
We then rode back into the Kowloon side and explored all the markets, did a little shopping and ate our weight in Dim Sum (only a slight exaggeration).
We were so thankful to have Ben and Angela help us navigate Hong Kong especially when it came to the food. Angela and I are going on ten years of enjoying meals together and it was great to be able to bring our husbands and kids along for this ride.
----


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...