Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Home is where the Army sends us...

~Welcome to our (temporary) Home~

Please don't judge us for our "mass-produced-cheap-motel lobby" furniture. It belongs to the Army.


Now let's begin the grand tour...

Above: Meatloaf's room.

Our bathroom... yes, there are TWO showers. One is perfect for dog bathing.

Our living room... please notice our shower curtains as window coverings. I refused to do the typical 'temp housing window routine' which consists of a bed sheet. I have standards ya know!

Our kitchen and dining room. That's not all garbage there... we're recycling like the Germans.

Close up of our kitchen.


They are storage geniuses here in Europe.


When in the Black Forest.... buy a cuckoo clock.

In all it's glory.
Master bedroom. (Look at that BT... so handsome! And again with the shower curtain window coverings.)



Another living room shot... but only so I can go on with a new story.... entitled...


The T.V. War

As many of you know, there has been an ongoing bone of contention in our relationship regarding a (dun dun dun dunnnn) television. Like most men (sorry for the generalization, but it has been my experience that this is true), Chad has been talking about a large television for... oh... the last three years and seven months (we've been together for a little over 4 years... you do the math). I have somehow managed to win the battle with simple facts, which include... 1) we had two perfectly good tv's (one was less than a year old!). Both in working condition and wonderful. 2) We were moving to Germany... "wouldn't you rather spend money on traveling than a new tv, which we risk getting broken in the move?" and 3) Buy one now and it will be obsolete in a few years anyways. To my continuous surprise... Chad agreed and settled for perusing the electronics department in wishful thinking at his local PX.

Now, you might be thinking, that was easy Amy, you've managed to put off buying a new tv for over 3 years... keep up the good work. Yeah, well, before we get too excited, you must know my defense began weakening when Chad sold one of our tv's in Louisiana. It crumbled a little more when Chad's friends (with enormous plasmas and what not) began shipping TV's to Japan, Kentucky, etc. And my last thread of hope was sliced when upon arrival of our "unaccompanied baggage," we saw this:

SAY IT ISN'T SO!


IT GETS WORSE...

You have to be kidding me [insert whines and quiet sobs].
Well people, if I didn't know any better I would think Chad payed those dumb Vernon Parish movers to kick in that TV screen and leave us with no VIABLE options but to purchase a new television. Not to mention, Chad said a few magic words that had me grabbing my coat and scarf and RUNNING to the truck... "well, Amy, I guess you won't be watching Sex & the City today,huh?"
"Excuse me? Get your MasterCard, honey, you're getting that 50 in. LCD."
So, yes, I may have won many battles... but Chad won the [TV] war.
Notice in above picture... Sex and the City IS on the screen.

2 comments:

ALF said...

I can relate to that TV argument. We have a 52" LCD TV that is somehow no longer good enough...

Swathwood926 said...

Lol, sorry it probably didn't help that I gave into my husband so fast, and yours was probably watching and listening to everything Dallas said... lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...