Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Oh Meatloaf, I don't think we're in California anymore...

Greetings from Germany!
Our Family at SFO.

Meatloaf's first snow at the Frankfurt Airport.

The original plan was to begin my blogging with a catchy German phrase but then I realized... 1) I don't know any, 2) I can't find my German language book and 3) all my bookmarked web pages (including freetranslations.com) now come up in Deutsch. I apologize for the lack of creativity.

Anyways, as many of you already know, WE MADE IT. Meatloaf survived being in a crate for a good 13 hours... but is still recouperating. The flight experience has sent his separation anxiety into overdrive which is no fun for mommy. We are currently living in 'ARMY LODGING' otherwise known as... a hotel. We're situated on the 'dog floor' which apparently is the place to be. Dog people are more 'open' and 'friendly'... so I hear. Next week, we plan on moving into temporary lodging and then into permanent housing come March. Our household goods shipment will be here by Feb. 16th (granted the vessel doesn't sink or something equally horrific.) However, I'm pretty content with the current living situation.. I love those continental breakfasts and free DSL. I also packed my Sex and the City on my carry on and with the internet... the days are going by quickly. We have no car... Chad gets his truck on Monday. I take my driving test on Friday. Chad's Master Sergeant takes us everywhere we need to go for now. Well, I wish I had new pictures or something really exciting to note but I don't. I'll try better next time...


Below are just a few highlights and lessons I've learned during my short time here in Stuttgart....


- Central Californians aren't designed for snow. A snowboarding or skiing trip does not prepare you for taking a dog outside in 10 degree (F) weather at 3 am to go pee. Neither myself nor Meatloaf were very happy that morning.
Please notice Meatloaf's snow gear with reflective booties. Sorry for the poor quality.
Meatloaf's main gear... he didn't lose a boot, I just realized I wanted a picture a little late.

- Snow makes winter... more wintery!
View from our window. Picture also includes the standard apartment living here on post (all newly remodled inside with 220/110V plugs!).
Downtown Stuttgart in the background.
-The Army does not recognize Jet Lag as an excuse for a day off.
I couldn't help but wonder... "where am I sleeping?"

-Stuttgart is two hours away from Strasbourg, France... and Dachau Concentration Camp.

- Apparently there's something in the water around here.... people get pregnant... as a result, Chad and I are buying bottled water at the Commissary.

Until next time....


Auf wiedersehen!

9 comments:

Lori said...

I don't think your blog is boring at all!

Lisa said...

I think you're off to a great start with your blogging--I love your profile!

lifeofBrian said...

You and the dog need to get a life. Maybe Meatloaf needs a kitty. Keep your toes warm.

Brian

ALF said...

Thanks for sharing your blog with me, Amy - this is cool!

You'll have to check out my blog sometime when you're bored - www.spanielranch.blogspot.com

~ Anna

Poobr83 said...

Amy I liked your blog. It lets us know what is going on and makes us feel that we are a part of your life. We all miss and love you guys. Hope to see ya soon. Take care of each other

Diane and Mark said...

HI Amy and Chad~
We are sitting here at Mom and Dad's, loving your blog. I must say the donuts look pretty yummy~please add us to your list, we would love to keep up with you.
All our love~
Mark and Diane

Don said...

Loved it. Don

Poobr83 said...

It is so cool that you are blogging for all of us to be able to see your house. I hope that when we come we can go to Paris, and do some other travelling. You guys look like you are having so much fun, I am jealous. We love you guys and look forward to many more blogs!

Poobr83 said...

It is so cool that you are blogging for all of us to be able to see your house. I hope that when we come we can go to Paris, and do some other travelling. You guys look like you are having so much fun, I am jealous. We love you guys and look forward to many more blogs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...