Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

OMISSIONS

Leave it to my brother to turn my birthday around to include him... THIS IS THE MAN WHO LEFT HIS SISTER LAST YEAR BY HERSELF ON HER BIRTHDAY TO MAKE CUPCAKES AND DINNER FOR HERSELF (ON HER BIRTHDAY!!!).... ALONE... BY HERSELF...MAKING BIRTHDAY CUPCAKES! ALSO, MOM AND DAD.... YOU'RE NO BETTER... LEFT ME ALONE... ON MY BIRTHDAY... GALAVANTING ALL OVER EUROPE WHILE YOUR DAUGHTER'S 24TH YEAR OF LIFE SHOULD BE CELEBRATED. Anyways, this is an addition to yesterdays blog....

Below is the email I received from my mom this morning. You really only need to read the first few sentences... flight information does not pertain to this situation.

"Amy, Happy birthday from your parents. One time at 5:09 am. Matthew was upset that there were no pics of him on your blog but what is more upsetting is there are no pics of the two people who brought you into this world. It was a great blog except for that omission. Got your flight info, lucky you to get in on Thur, Rest up and be looking for us Fri around 11am and we will hit the town. Hope the packages got to you. We love you very much. Mom and Dad"


Here's what I have to say about that:

Pictured above is my brother, you may know him as Matthew. He's the same person who thinks he should be mentioned on my blog on my birthday. I'm not sure why, but here you go, Matt.

He's also the person who pokes his little head into my pictures and makes this face.

This is my mom, the 'woman who brought me into this world,' also known as Mary. She also finds joy in taunting my dog with strings of sausage.

This is my dad, he had a part in my creation as well, you know him as Roger. I can't really say anything about my dad except he's an alright guy. If it had been up to him he'd probably not have taken that trip to Europe last year and missed my birthday. I'm holding my mom accountable for that one.

So Mom, Dad & Matthew.... Happy Birthday to Me! Thanks for doing what you did and what you do! Just keep in mind... you asked for this!

Love your 25 year old daughter/sister,

Amy


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I must defend against this unmitigated defamation. I offered to take you to dinner and was rebuked! Shamelessly cast aside for cupcake baking. And I eventually took you out for Sushi! Hogwashery I say!
It must be said that I'm fond of the glamor shots you picked. You really went all out to embarrass me. Very well, my outed awkwardness can be your birthday present.
I miss you tremendously, even when you're being slanderously witty. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARLIN'! I love you!!!

Amy said...

Only you would use unmitigated defamation in one sentence. I do recall you taking me out for a delicious sushi dinner. (ummm... sushi). I was very appreciative of it! However, you did leave me to go meet up with SOMEONE while I baked myself cupcakes! You even asked... "you're baking yourself cupcakes?" Oh yes. I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures... if it makes you feel any better... Kendra said the strange face picture does not even LOOK like you. Apparently, Giulia doesn't think it looks like her either and insists those are pictures of Livia.
Well, I miss ya too kid but hope everythings going good. If you ever want to escape... I hear Stuttgart is a good place to do so. Love you lots.

~Amy

p.s. I'm going to try to use unmitigated defamation and hogwashery during conversation at least twice this week... they're priceless!

ALF said...

I love your mom.

ALF said...

Oh and also, Happy Birthday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...