Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Our Stairwell

Our "stairwell" is crazy. Each building is broken down into three stairwells... A, B, or C. Each stairwell consists of six apartments. Our poor, pitiful stairwell only has six inhabitants.... total. Well, not counting canines. Anyways, I never really know what's going on around here but I know it's crazy. These are just some of the goings on today...

  • We have a rain forest on our top floor. Apparently the building coordinator has quite a green thumb and our stairwell is pretty much a greenhouse in the winter time. These plants are watered of course.... indoors... in our stairwell. It makes for some great mornings of almost killing myself because I've slipped down concrete steps that were wet from plant water.
  • Reclusive people live above us... or Apartment B 4 is haunted. We hear them.... though we never see them. Our neighbors promise they've seen some people go in there but I don't know about that.
  • Daisy (neighbor's dog) likes to pee on the tile in the entry to our stairwell. I always know when she's peed there because one of two things happen. There's either a wet spot on the tile from where Kendra has cleaned the spot... or after the spot dissipates... Meatloaf spends an extra few seconds smelling the pee stain. She's also taken to peeing in the laundry room. Just for fun I imagine.
  • Right outside our stairwell is an apartment type doorbell situation. Apartment numbers correspond to a buzzer where people can 'ring' your apartment. Unfortunately, some wires are crossed and B 6 actually rings B 2 (US) and B 6 never rings because Daisy ate the telephone cord and phone which rings when buzzed. Our stairwell door is never locked so I wish people would just walk in like the rest of us instead of buzzing people. (Safe right?)
  • Our building has won building of the month just about every month in the past two years. I've thought about it and don't understand how it's possible that a stairwell wins when there's only two permanent residents. Four of us are temporary, unless there's those mystery people in B 4. But still! What makes those 2 or 4 people so special? I don't think we won this month... probably because Daisy pees in the entry to our stairwell. I'm sure that turned some people off.
  • I was the only person around in our stairwell today but two men with briefcases mysteriously disappeared into one of the apartments today. ( I should really take that last one off because I fear I'm starting to look a little like the characters of 'Rear Window' in which case is a little frightening.)

I'm going now because I've freaked myself out.... not to mention totally proved that I'm either bored out of my mind or have nothing better to do* than watch what goes on in our crazy stairwell.

*I do have better things to do.... like my capstone for school... the one things standing in my way between me and my Masters. I'll get back to that now.

1 comment:

ALF said...

Now I'm scared too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...