Pages

Saturday, January 30, 2010

snow melt[down]


I almost just had a meltdown while shoveling/pushing snow around in the front yard. I put off clearing our sidewalk until 430 pm. All day I kept telling myself to go out there and clear the sidewalk. I'm not feeling good and my nose hurts so that was my excuse. Unfortunately, if a German slips and falls on my unclear sidewalk they probably won't give a shit. And so... I started with the shovel. All it did was make this horrendous noise without doing much to remove the snow. Then I got the push broom. It helped move the fluffy new stuff but the hard icy under layer wasn't budging. I tried switching off. I tried breaking it up with my boot. I tried jabbing it with the shovel. After about 10 minutes of this (and thinking my neighbors are probably watching me and thinking this is hilarious) I felt tears well up in my eyes and threw my shovel (oh yes I did).

I then dumped about 10 cups of salt on the sidewalk and went back inside.

Now, not only is my sidewalk not clear but I'm also breaking German law by putting salt on the public sidewalk.

But like I said, my nose hurts so that's as good as it gets. I think the Germans are getting a little picky around here...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...