Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Metzingen

The weather here in Germany hasn't really been favorable for outdoor activities. It's very sad. Like the rest of the world, (especially in Reno, NV according to my friend Anna - hi Anna!), summer has been delayed. However, I'm not really surprised in regards to Germany because the only season you can really count on here is winter. Thankfully, last Sunday we were able to take advantage of a few hours of sun and go to the Swabian Arts and Crafts Fair in Metzingen. Considering it was 'arts and crafts,' my husband wasn't really into it. He wanted food and a beer so we didn't last long at the festival but we made our rounds and when he was saturated with the sights of ceramic flowers and handblown glass... we walked through the downtown until we found a quaint Italian Bistro.
We had pizza and beer and called it a (sun) day.
-------
This was a local art project outside of the train station....
One head too many...
Chad blamed me for forgetting his sunglasses.
He improvised with Rhett's hat.
Metzingen may have vineyards, art fairs, and the outlets (oh yes) but we stay true to our Cafe Venezia ice cream in Echterdingen.

(On our way home we also drove by a large field with naked sunbathers... Chad brought up a good point when he said that he thought the sight could cause a car accident.. I couldn't have agreed more. Of course this is coming from a man who also screamed "I found where I belong" as we drove past. Hm.)

1 comment:

ALF said...

HI!

There's a high of 94 here today and not a cloud in the sky so I guess I have to stop complaining about cold weather.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...