Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

When I say 'Tomorrow,' I really mean three days later.

June in Germany means festivals.
Lots of festivals.
Food festivals, art festivals, car festivals, junk festivals, pottery festivals.
It's wonderful.
Never a dull moment.
-------------------------
Last Sunday we braved the ominous weather to go check out the International Festival in Sindelfingen.
We weren't really sure what to expect but I know none of us expected what we saw.
The fest was HUGE.... it took over the entire downtown portion of Sindelfingen.
This fest included all kinds of food (Greek, Portuguese, French, Swiss, African, Moroccan, etc.), international performances, cocktails, beer, music and dancing.
Even though it rained the first five minutes we were there, I'm so glad we stuck it out because the sun came out and it was a great day.

The Greek Suvlaki was awesome!
Jill and Chad decided to have a chugging contest. Chad had one swig left and Jill had almost a full beer so it wasn't really a fair competition.
I can't remember what Mediterranean country this fish dish came from... it was an impulse purchase but we ate it all (except the fish head... it had eyes) and it was tasty.
When I say 'we' I mean Jill and me. I gave Chad a bite of fish but he wasn't excited about it.
Here is the Portuguese troop getting ready to perform.
I just wasn't feeling the banana nutella thing that day so I went for the strawberry instead.
I also learned that crepes just aren't that photogenic.
We didn't really get our fill of fest food last weekend so this weekend we will be festing some more... in Tubingen.
One of my favorite cities.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this looks delicious

ALF said...

I am very glad you didn't eat the fish eyes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...