Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

The only thing better than a Christmas market-

is the international Chocolate Festival in Tubingen, Germany.
Tubingen is about 25 minutes south of us and I've been there once for an ill fated flea market that was never found.
However, after this visit... I'm in love with this city.
I wish I could go to the university, ride my vintage bicycle and drink hot coffee with my girlfriends in one of the many cafes.
Seriously.
It's that charming.
Any town that hosts a Chocolate Festival, has a 'French Quarter' AND a castle is a winner in my book.
I'm already anxiously looking forward to next Friday when Jill and I plan on visiting their Christmas market.
But until then I will just reminisce in the gloriousness of ChocolART.
Above is the Rathaus (City Hall), or the oldest building in the Marktplatz dating back to 1435. Beautiful.
My handsome husband in his new gloves and beanie. I told him we weren't leaving early if he was cold so our first stop was to buy warmer gear.
'Nougat & Marzipan fresh from block'
Chocolate painting anyone?
I imagine myself sitting in this cafe one day eating their zucchini cream soup. Love it.
I picked out a few chocolate truffles... coconut, white and red wine, mocha, chili and lebkuchen.
Ice fireworks...
The ChocolART festival also featured chocolate demonstrations, samples, massages (yes, it's true), work shops for children, and any kind of chocolate confection your heart desires.
Definitely a must go again next year.
See you Friday, Tubingen, my new favorite city.

For more info go here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...