Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

#4 Frankfurt Christmas Market

On Sunday, after dropping Chuck off at the Frankfurt airport, we hopped on over to the Christmas Market in downtown. I've read that it is one of the oldest Christmas Markets at 600 years old! It was quite large and offered tons of unique stands. The festival was held in the historical district of Frankfurt so the background for the market was gorgeous and the food, of course, DELISH! Frankfurt really is a beautiful city and I would definitely return to this Christmas market again next year... if only to try the pommes frittes with 100 different sauces. I was too full by the time we reached that stand to try them but they looked wonderful. Next year!
Santa Sausages anyone?
Potato soup with wursts and toasted pizza bread.
Delicious, wonderful Schokokuss
(finally learned the name).
Elevator self portraits.

****************************


For more information about Frankfurt's Christmas market, go here.

I was hoping to do some serious Christmas Marketing this weekend but I somehow managed to come down with a sad case of strep throat. I'm hopeful that with some extra rest and serious doses of antibiotics I'll be good as new very soon.

1 comment:

Chuck said...

Amy it wasn't me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...