Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

#5 Tubingen Christmas Market

I rallied, people. I took one for the team, threw a scarf around my neck, and braved the bitter cold to attend Tubingen's Christmas Market.
I still love Tubingen.
I love it as much as I did my last visit except now I want to go back again in the Spring.
And Summer.
And round it out next Fall.
Oh yes.
I told Jill I want to know and go to every festival that city holds throughout the year.
I'm borderline obsessed.
If only I could talk Chad into moving there.
Not really because I love our Stetten.
If only I could talk Chad into buying a weekend home in Tubingen so we can frequent their farmer's market and walk the cobblestone streets whenever we wanted.
That would be sweet.
Anyways, their Christmas market was rather nice. Their market is only one weekend long and we went on opening day so I believe tomorrow will bring even more stands. There were vintage carousels and lots of handmade gifts (which I love). There was also no pfand (deposit) on their gluhwein mugs which I've never experienced before (another reason to love Tubingen I think). I will admit that navigating the stalls of the market were a little difficult because they were spread out in an awkward way. It did allow us to see some things twice while other stalls we only saw once. If I were to go again next year I would brace for the crowds but go on Saturday when I think more stalls would be put up which might allow for better cohesion between the different parts of the market.
Most importantly, I would (am) go(ing) back again 'cause I love Tubingen!
I know you're itching to try a tofuwurst...

**********************
Rhett's ready for Christmas...

For more information regarding Tubingen's Christmas Market (and their events all year long!) go here.

2 comments:

Kathleen Ferraro said...

Amy, thanks so much for the beautiful photos of Tubingen Christmasmarkt. Wish I was there! My partner and I lived in Tubi last year, and I miss it very much, especially now. Like you, I wish we could buy a summer house there. Unlike you, I am much further away so would not be able to make much use of it. I am off to shop for wine and other components of gluhwein. Happy holidays to you and yours.
--Kathie Ferraro, Pittsburgh

Amy said...

Thanks, Kathie. I would love to spend more time in Tubingen and plan to in the not so far off future. Any suggestions on where to go or what to do would be appreciated.

Frohe Weinachten and thank you for reading my blog.

Amy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...