Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

I'm sorry

Hi... it's me... Amy.
You may remember me from my blog. Amy's Spot.
It's been awhile and although I'm pretty sure no one cares (outside of my immediate family) too much about my disappearance, hopefully someone out there will be relieved that I am, indeed, alive and back to writing absurdly long run-on sentences.
----
Actually, my little break wasn't one at all.
I just spent the last three weeks absorbing as many opportunities as possible to spend quality time with my own Mom & Dad. In order to maximize this, my laptop was barely turned on.
It felt great. I'm not going to lie.

Unfortunately, like all vacations they must come to an end and my parent's was no exception. I dropped them off at the airport this morning and Rhett and I now have to relearn how to use our washing machine.... vacuum... stovetop (well, Rhett, not so much). All the lovely contraptions that I didn't have to worry about for 3 weeks.
Bless my parents. They are too good to us.

The only bad side to having my parents visit is that I'm out of the blogging loop and now you will have to bare with me as I backtrack. I apologize.
----
My parents arrived on Friday evening so Saturday was our first full day together.
The weather was surprisingly nice so we visited the TV tower in Stuttgart and downtown Stuttgart. We visited the Markthalle because it's wonderful. We picked up some snacks there before having some gluhwein and heading back to the house.

It seems so long ago now and I'm having a difficult time recalling everything but I DO remember it being a good first day... with a happy baby.... a newly found parking garage.... beautiful fall colors and a delicious day with family.

Thanks Mom & Dad for everything.
We miss you but we are managing... except Meatloaf-
who's in a serious funk.
Love you.

2 comments:

Susann said...

Amy,
I sure missed reading your blog, AND I am not your family...

Take care and share all those christmas market pictures with us - I sure miss this special time of the year very much !!

Love
Susann Harding

Amy said...

Susann! I'm so glad you still read my blog! I will think of you when I go Christmas Marketing!

So lovely to hear from you! Happy Holidays!

-Amy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...