Pages

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Nuremberg Christmas Market

I can hardly believe that it's almost 10 days until Christmas and I haven't posted about one Christmas market. What is wrong with me?

Don't answer that.

My promise to you is that from here on out my blog will feature Christmas market goodness.
Brace yourself my friends-
it's that time of year again.

Gluhwein, dampfnudels, and wursts!

Yay.

----

The first Weihnachtsmarkt we visited this year was Nuremberg.
We left bright and early the day after Thanksgiving in order to drive the 2 hours from Stuttgart and to beat the crowd.

This market is one of Germany's most famous markets.
There are about 200 stalls at this market- each one uniquely decorated.
Now, most Christmas markets offer a lot of the same but it's the first time in 3 years that I've seen prune men (and women).

These odd little figurines were made out of dried fruit and, apparently, are one of the most popular souvenirs at this Christmas market.
Honestly, they kind of freaked me out.

Anyways, we wandered the stalls for awhile before we took refuge in a restaurant to defrost.
Gluhwein helped a little, too.

Overall, the Nuremberg Christmas Market is large, diverse, and beautiful. Their blueberry gluhwein is wonderfully delicious and warming and of course...
you can't visit Nuremberg without tasting some gingerbread or nuremberger bratwursts.

I would definitely visit this Christmas Market again...
if only to have a closer look at those prune people.
----


Want to visit? Find information here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...