Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Ludwigsburg Christmas Market (year 2)

I love Sundays.
I have my last batch of Christmas Cookies 2011 baking in the oven and tomorrow's dinner in the crock pot.
Purse is by the door and house is clean.
Sunday is the only day during the week where I feel remotely prepared for the following day: Rhett's outfit is picked out for daycare, my toe nails are clipped, my keys are by the door, etc.
As soon as my alarm goes off at 0500 tomorrow morning, it's pretty much downhill from there in terms of organization.

With that said, I don't know how or if we'll get to anymore Christmas markets this year as many of them will start closing shop before Christmas Eve.
We were no where near last year's record (8 was it?) but that's life.
I hit all my favorites this year so I'll keep trying to remind myself: quality, not quantity.
And, who knows? Maybe there is one more German Christmas in my future.
We will have to wait and see.
----

One evening after work, I took my parents to the Ludwigsburg Christmas Market. It's one of my absolute FAVORITE markets.
It wasn't as romantic as last year because there wasn't a snowflake in sight but it was a tad bit warmer and I'm okay with that.
Oh and I was with my parents not my husband which limits the romanticism one can have...

moving on...

The first stop was to get some gluhwein. Can I tell you I thought their mugs were super cute and they now make a lovely addition to our gluhwein mug collection.
After having a drink and standing by the fire, we slowly (systematically) made our way through the market.
I always enjoy a market that mixes practicality with Christmas and both my mom and I purchased German Christmas cards for a really good price.
Like last year, they had fleece, antiques, and food.
Of course, I paid no mind to all the other food booths because I only wanted the Ludwigsburg Christmas Market falafel.
I dreamt about them all year.
The lovely woman who makes all the empanadas and falafel (by hand) has lived all over the world... including London and Argentina. I love people with interesting stories.
We ordered a beef and a corn empanada and 2 falafels- devouring them all.
Rhett loves him some empanada.

Before heading home, we shared a germnudel (filled with plum) topped in a vanilla sauce with cinnamon & sugar. Just like last year.

Y.u.m.

If someone told me I could only visit one Christmas Market next year, I'd pick Ludwigsburg.
First stop, falafels & empanadas.
----

I now know the difference between a dampfnudel and a germnudel.
Just wanted to clarify that.
See last years post here.
Need more info? Go here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...