Pages

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Saturdays

I love Saturdays.
It's my favorite day of the weekend.
I look forward to it all day Friday and it always reminds me that I still have an entire day left of the weekend tomorrow.

I woke up this morning to the stirring of a little man. When I finally looked at the clock and realized he definitely wasn't going back to sleep... we did our morning routine and headed down to the kitchen.
Because Rhett is awesome he likes to pull out his highchair and scale it's side to alert me to the fact that he's been awake for 8.5 minutes and hasn't been fed yet.

He wasn't that crazy about his cottage cheese and fruit breakfast but he ate three slices of pumpkin chocolate chip bread so it was okay. Isn't that what every good mom feeds her kid at 8 in the morning?
After breakfast we danced to the "great movie music of all time" because it was on AFN and we were totally digging it.
Then we dog-piled on top of Daddy and the dog because it's fun.
You've never felt more loved than when you're at the bottom of a wife and baby dog-pile.
Trust me.
Only after we reached our saturation point for laziness we decided to get dressed and go to the store to buy things we don't really need.
You know... like a movie, dryer balls (those plastic balls that are supposed to speed up your drying process), and girl scout cookies.
We seriously could have done without the dryer balls but those are just the types of things you do on a Saturday.

"Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

-Bill Watterson

Wishing you an equally exciting Saturday.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...