Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Vanishing Act [& Strasbourg Christmas Market]

I'm getting really good at unintentional disappearances. I really do not do it on purpose but it seems to be a habitual problem around here. You see, I've been trying to finish up our market visits but we took a mini vacay to Paris (more on that later) and returned with not only two suitcases of dirty laundry... but a sick baby. It's been a little stressful.
Anyways, that's all I have to say about that.
Moving on....
----

I know the holidays are long since gone but over New Year's weekend I was feeling particularly sad to take down our Christmas tree and pack up all the decorations.
In a last stitch effort to prolong Christmas 2011, I bribed the husband and bundled up the baby for our last Christmas market of the year.
Most of the German Christmas markets close up shop right before Christmas Eve but Strasbourg's stays open until the 30th which is convenient.

The market is bigger than I remember but it's layout is mildly confusing. Next time, I'll download a map from their website (here).
We really enjoyed their sweet pretzels (imagine a sugar donut in the shape of a pretzel), perusing our favorite shops (La Cure Gourmand), and enjoying the festive decorations all over the city.

j'adore strasbourg!
----


Read my other posts about Strasbourg here, here, and here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...