Pages

Monday, June 1, 2009

It only took 6 months.

After waiting for quite a while now for Chad to get his international driver's license, we FINALLY made it to Strasbourg, France. I've been itching to go there since we got here and I wasn't disappointed.


As a result of my gittiness, I somehow managed to forget to research this trip to Strasbourg and didn't realize I knew nothing of this place until we pulled into the city center. Chad's always talking about spontaneity (which I reminded him of) and instead we looked at it all as a big adventure.


Starting our adventure off with a bang, we pulled into the nearest parking garage (one we will never use again), barely making it under the height requirement. Parking Chad's truck was only worsened by the fact that both of us have bladders the size of walnuts and REALLY needed to find a toiletten.


Again, the lack of research put us in a compromising situation, but I improvised by removing the GPS from the vehicle and plugging in 'restroom' and WALKING in the directions noted by the GPS. TomTom didn't let us down and led us right to the center (where the Cathedral is) and to a lovely public restroom. We then saw a small tram tour which we took advantage of and then returned for a nice lunch at an Italian Bistro (I know, random right? Strasbourg is however a tourist trap and they had Italian, Irish, & German cuisine with very little French).


My French isn't what it use to be but I managed to order lunch for Chad and I and it was DELICIOUS. Quatre Fromage avec Spaghetti pour moi et Calzone pour lui, si vous plais?


We of course saved room for gelato, only to find HEAVEN in the form of a sweet shop just two stores down. Seriously, Chad had to drag me out of there by my purse. I returned, however, and purchased a variety tub of delectable goodies.



For future France travelers, anything with 'sucre' in the title or on the windows translates to "go inside" because it will be SWEET, DELICOUS, UNIQUE, & FRESH goodies.

I will return to Strasbourg if only to visit this shop.

However, Strasbourg also offers every means of shopping imaginable. Forunately for Chad, I was perfectly content with my tub of goodies from La Cure Gourmande that I could have cared less about the hundreds of designer stores surrounding us.

We ended this trip with a walk through the cathedral, lit a candle, said a prayer, and hit the pavement for home.

Oh yeah, and I almost threw up in the parking garage from the high levels of stress trying to get the truck OUT of the garage. Much worse than going in. MUCH WORSE.


Check out my slideshow from France Below......
Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook: Strasbourg, France
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...