Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It's about darn time.

Our official move in date was May 1st. We spent our first night here 5 days later. We "officially" moved in (as in ALL our stuff joined us) May 8th at midnight. It is now May 26th. It has taken us 26 days to move in to the point where I can walk from the bedroom to the bathroom without tripping over something. It's glorious! While I worked on my paper late into the night, Chad filled our new "closets," broke down boxes, and made a clear path throughout the entire house. I'm so very lucky to have a Chad. See for yourself.

Dining room BEFORE (well, actually it looked worse than this but you get the point.)

Dining room AFTER (only it looks better than this but you get the point.)

Please excuse the tags on the chairs... I meant to remove them.

Living room BEFORE (please notice metal blinds on the windows.)

Living room AFTER (still needs some work but it's coming along.)
You can get a small glimpse of our balcony on the left side of the picture.

Garden BEFORE.

Garden AFTER.

What? You thought I was kidding about the garden gnome?

Chad using our German lawn mower. Which you PLUG in.

No Before or After of kitchen because I tried to keep it a little clean and orderly.

Coffee station. Only because we had no room for the coffee machine in the kitchen.


Entry BEFORE.

Entry AFTER.

Upstairs Bathroom.

W.C. (downstairs... oh and I should have put the seat down, sorry).


View from the office (3rd floor).

Office.


Master bedroom.


Guest room (Ya, we lifted the box spring through the second story balcony doors and really impressed the Turkish children across the street).


I also thought I'd include the cake I made for Chad last weekend....


with help from this 20lb. bad boy. Also known as the transformer, which allows me to use all our fun 110 V appliances. It's a little unsightly in the kitchen but that's okay.

Flowers from my landlord & his wife (for being locked out and such).


Last, but not least.... Neighborhood Watch.
The End.
p.s. I dedicate this before and after blog to Rae. For she is the queen of before and afters. And thank you for waiting... patiently... for a really long time.

2 comments:

Rachel Haack said...

AAAAAAAA!!!

I LOVE before and afters! And you had so many it was like heaven scrolling down, you don't even know! lol. I'm such a dork.

You will be sooooo glad you're documenting this stuff. You and Chad will look back with such fond memories on your adventures together. The house looks so cozy and awesome! Love love love the dining room table, and your bed is like a lovely lap of luxury - big poster beds are the way to go, and are definitely on my future "must have" list.
And I believe I spotted my favorite IKEA green boxes in your living room. I need to go there, I want some for my house too!

:)

Rae

Lisa said...

I love your house. It looks great! I assume Meatloaf is pleased with his new digs...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...