Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

2 months and 4 days

It is sad to say that Rhett's 2 month birthday has come and gone... without even a blog post. However, I am not going to make myself feel bad because all I need to do is type three words. Three words will get me off the hook for not posting anything about baby boy's 2 month birthday and they will be understood by every mother.
I was sick.
Being sick with a newborn baby pretty much stinks and also justifies the lack of celebration. I also feel the need to say that I was going to blog '2 months and 1 day' but Rhett had his 2 month check up, followed by a lovely series of immunizations which resulted in screaming and crying until 1030 at night. From both of us. The emotional toll of that evening sent me back into the throws of sinus trouble which brings me to '2 months and 2 days.'

Saturday, mommy slept until 1130 while Daddy and Rhett did homework downstairs. Then we went to Rittersport to buy chocolates for Christmas presents. Yes, I am aware it is only October (as my brother reminded me), but in these parts it is important to get your shopping and shipping done early or those Christmas presents quickly become Valentines. So.... chocolate shopping was done and some other Christmas goodies were purchased.

Then we went to church. Then... Rhett got bundled up for his very first football game. We concluded our evening with Thai food. When we got home it was 11 pm and I was beyond tired. No '2 month and 2 days' blog.

Sunday or '2 months and 3 days' gives me no excuse. Except maybe that I skyped with my parents and Carly (who gets here on the 4th! yay). But really... no excuse.

So today is 2 months and 4 days... and Rhett is tooting in celebration.

Rhett at 2 months.
Here is Rhett watching the game...
And Rhett cooperating with his mother's clever idea of finding numbers that coordinate with his age and photographing them.
Here's Rhett not cooperating for the 2 month photo.
And last but not least, little man (aka Grandma's little boo), getting in the Halloween spirit.

Happy '2 Months and 4 days' Birthday, our little boogs!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...