Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Icheon Rice Cultural Festival by accident

I wanted to visit Icheon because I heard that is the mother load for Korean ceramics. Those that know me best know that I have an affinity for anything made of clay.
 It's my kryptonite. 
Unfortunately, like most "quick" trips in Korea, we ended up getting lost and stuck smack dab in the middle of the Icheon Rice Cultural Festival. 
After circling around the park numerous times in our car, we decided to just go with the flow and check out this festival.
A translator would have been ideal at this point as I was so overwhelmed by everything that after 30 minutes of wandering aimlessly, we asked for directions to the ceramic village and gave up on the idea of enjoying any rice at the said festival.
I would consider going again next year if only to eat some of the rice that was once served to kings! 
----
Icheon Ceramic Village
FYI: Look for this set-up on the side of the road when trying to locate the ceramic village. Hindsight, guys, hindsight. 
All things ceramic! 
And unrelated to our trip to Icheon but put here because I can no longer remember where it fit in our sequence of events, I introduce you to the 'Formally known as Uncle Burger now Older Sister Burger's Bulgogi burger.' 
We don't have a lot in Anjeong-ri but thank God for these bad boys.
Freshly made right in front of you and picked from a speciality menu that contains only eight items.
Wonderful in a bun.
----
Information regarding the Rice Cultural Festival can be found here and information for the ceramics village here.
And in the event that you don't believe me about my love for ceramics please refer to this blog. Or this one. And maybe this one
Thank you!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...