Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

The Independence Hall of Korea Take 2

One place I was really looking forward to taking my parents was The Independence Hall of Korea. I personally really enjoy it there.  The grounds are very beautiful- perfect for walking.  Rhett can run around unencumbered and they have a decent cafeteria.  If you are in the mood, you can take in a museum or two and the only thing you have to pay for (besides food) is parking.

It was a little less crowded than our original visit but high school aged youth were still swarming. They absolutely loved Rhett and Ava (as is the norm wherever we go in Korea) but these young women were particularly fond of Rhett. My favorite part of the day was when Rhett and my dad got separated from me and when I looked back all I saw was a pack of uniformed young ladies. I could also see the top of my dad's head but that was it. They descended upon Rhett as if he was 'The Biebs' himself. It was crazy. I'm not sure if he enjoyed this sudden burst of popularity but he got a mandarin out of it so he walked away with a smile. 

We also saw a snake and ate an ice cream cone so what else can a three year old ask for? 
----
I took the below picture after the crowd dissipated a little bit. Rhett is somewhere in there!
----
This was the first year that we took Rhett trick-or-treating. It was the first year that he actually understood the concept and was an active participant in the festivities. His dad could not have been happier. He dressed up, got candy and carved pumpkins. What made this year the best ever was that Nonni and Nonno were here to watch! Even I, the Halloween naysayer, enjoyed myself. 
----

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...