Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Kitchen Mayhem

It was recently brought to my attention that I've been stockpiling cream cheese in my cellar. I'm not sure why or when this phenomenon started but by the looks of it I've picked up a brick of cream cheese every time I've gone to the commissary for the last 6 months. I knew it was bad when my unobservant husband pointed out that I had my body weight in cream cheese in the fridge downstairs. The odd thing is that I haven't even purchased a bagel in months so what my plans were for this cream cheese remain unknown.

In an attempt to start battling my cream cheese hoarding I did buy a bag of bagels. That used about 2 ounces of the 20 plus ounces stashed downstairs.

Then after careful research and a hefty grocery bill I began the "cook every food item that includes cream cheese and you can freeze for when things get crazy around here" weekend. Oh yes I did.

Let's just say that there were not festivals, flea markets, exchange stops, or dog walks this weekend. It was hardcore cooking madness.

I now have one thing of cream cheese left but 30 twice baked potatoes, 4 dozen bran muffins (no help in the cream cheese department but I had about 10 zucchini that were giving me hell too), and 60 sugar cookies.

I never said our meals would be balanced.

I do have Grandma's spanish rice on my list for freezable meals but right now I'm just going to put my feet up and rest in the comfort of knowing my freezer is full of food (well, starch, fiber, and fat groups at least).

Keep your fingers crossed our shipment arrives this week!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...