Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

We go for the food.

Sommerfest 2010 was wonderful. The food, the music, the WEATHER was lovely.

The sun was bright but the wind was cool resulting in perfect fest weather.

We browsed the shelves of our favorite downtown stores, walked through the flea market, and met friends for lunch and drinks all before calling it a day.

Even though I really wanted to stay downtown into the evening, my right butt cheek and lower back weren't having it and I knew it was time to go home.

And so we did.
(Now Chad is passed out on the couch... I believe this is a direct result from his midday beverage choices.)

Sommerfest 2010
Stuttgart, Germany
Lots of street artists and musicians in the city but Chad liked these ones because they were doing a chalk mural of Jack Sparrow from Pirates of the Caribbean.
German Flammkuchen
(German pizza essentially except it's very thin crusted with sparse toppings... Chad enjoyed his with Speck, also known as bacon)
Kartoffel
(German 'home fries' topped with a delicious, creamy garlic sauce.. and the drink in the background is Chad's new favorite... Caipirinha... a Brazilian drink with sugar, lime, and rum)
We also enjoyed a falafel wrap, alcohol free pina coladas and Nutella Crepes of course!
but it feels good to be home.
36 Weeks

2 comments:

Jeremy and Amy said...

You are BEAUTIFUL Amy!!! Love your blog! BTW - I've got some great recipes for cream cheese if you're interested. :)

ALF said...

Only one more week and you're full term! You're almost there! You look great. I hope you're feeling great too.

I think you're having a boy. There, I said it. (And just so you know, I am usually wrong about these things.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...