Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Thank goodness for 4 days [click on photos to enlarge]

Even with Chad's shingles, he rallied and used his 4 days off last weekend to assemble baby furniture.

When I left for work on Friday, the nursery and Chad looked like this:


When I got home from work on Friday the nursery looked like this (although Chad can't take ALL the credit, he had some help):


And by Sunday evening, just in time for skyping with my mom and dad, the nursery looked like this:

I won't go into all the details but we recovered the storage ottoman with our new staple gun (this is also where I'd like to add that Chad whacked my left pointer finger with the hammer... if he weren't so good at reupholstering he would have been in big trouble), I sewed pillows, and together we cleaned, hung hot air balloons, and made Baby White a nice little place to sleep.

Just in time, too...

37 weeks, 1 cm dilated, baby low in pelvis.

Chad has also fully recovered from his bout of shingles... all that is left is a gnarly black scab.
My finger is miraculously okay and fully functional.
Both Chad and I have decided remodeling together at any point in the future is out of the question.

2 comments:

Jeremy and Amy said...

You have to teach me how you did that with your pictures! That looks really cute. Your baby stuff looks great too!! You are sooo much more prepared than I ever was before the kids came. You're going to be a great Mom!
Amy

ALF said...

My mom just told me your good news! Congratulations. Hope everyone is doing well and getting some sleep!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...